Diamond Power Infrastructure: Building a brand and reputation across geographies
||By: Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd on 16 Mar, 2018
With a modest start as an ACSR conductor manufacturing facility in 1970, Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd (Dicabs) has now become one of India’s leading integrated producers of power transmission equipment and turnkey services provider (EPC).
Amit Bhatnagar, Managing Director, is the brain behind the avant-garde production facilities of th company established in Vadodara. He, with the support of his team, has earned the company a competitive edge in India’s power transmission & distribution sector.
Dicabs is contributing to India’s growth by providing power solutions across the broader value chain of power transmission and distribution. The company boasts of a wide product portfolio, which caters to 80 per cent of the T&D infrastructure requirements. With an explicit approach to innovations, the Vadodara-based company has spread its trade wings in both the domestic and global markets.
The MD says, “The vision of the Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi hems in programs like Make in India, Digital India and Smart Cities. To keep with the initiatives, strategic investment in power infrastructure solutions is the company’s priority.”
Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd’s long journey has established the base, leading the growth of the brand and its reputation across the world:
1970: Commenced operations
1971: Established a conductor manufacturing unit
1995: Setup an LV cables manufacturing unit
1999: Setup an aluminum rod mill
• Setup the EPC Business
• Small steps conquer great distances
• Acquired Western Transformers
• Acquired substantial stake in Apex Electricals Ltd
2008: Setup HV cables manufacturing unit up to 132 KV
2010: Capacity expansion of LV & HV cables units
• Setup EHV cables manufacturing up to 550 KV
• Setup transmission tower unit
• Acquired strategic stakes in Utkal Galvanizers and Maktel Control & Systems
• Acquired controlling stake in Danke Controls
• Commenced production of power transformers and control & relay panels
• Successfully commissioned 6.3 MW of wind energy at Jamanwada, Kutch
• Acquired strategic stake in M/s Maktel Control & Systems, India’s leading power and control panel manufacturer
• Successfully established Ultra High Voltage Cable Testing Laboratory, a first of its kind in India having a capability to 500 KV capacity
• Rebranded range of wires and cables as Diatron
2014: Successfully commissioned the first phase of ambitious expansion program for 3000 kms of MV cables and 50,000 MTPA of conductors in February 2014
Today, Dicabs is reaping revenues from its assorted product portfolio, including cables, conductors, transformers, transmission and EPC Contracts. Standing rock-solid in a sector, which is dominated by the foreign companies, Dicabs has evolved much faster than the competitors. “Establishing an all-inclusive product line and reputation as a one stop shop, Diamond Power Infrastructure has added another milestone to its success journey,” adds Bhatnagar.