Clinical research associates (CRAs) organise and administer clinical trials of new or current drugs in order to assess the benefits and risks of using them.
Clinical research associates help to organise and monitor the different phases of clinical trials of drugs.
Key responsibilities include:
• writing drug trial methodologies (procedures)
• identifying and briefing appropriate trial investigators (clinicians)
• setting up and disbanding trial study centres
• designing trial materials and supplying study centres with sufficient quantities
• providing clinicians with instructions on how to conduct the trials
• collecting and authenticating data collection forms (commonly known as case report forms)
• monitoring progress throughout the duration of the trial
• writing reports
Work Experience (In Year)
0 - 0